- This event has passed.
Accessible Word Documents Made Simple
April 3 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
Ontario is the first province in Canada to legislate a timeframe for the implementation and subsequent enforcement for accessibility compliance by 2025. Adhering to AODA means that college staff and faculty are responsible for keeping accessibility requirements at the forefront while creating and disseminating electronic information. Approximately 75% of the documents created by Ontario colleges are either created in MS Word or in MS PowerPoint. Fortunately, several applications in Microsoft suite have similar commands and options, thus if you know how to work with one of the applications within the Microsoft suite you can transfer that knowledge over to other applications as well. Learn how to create accessible word document in simple way.
Workshop Learning Outcomes
- Using built-in headings and styles to make documents easier to navigate
- Adding alt text to visuals and tables and creating accessible hyperlinks
- Saving files as accessible pdf documents
- Finding and using accessible word templates
- Using the accessibility checker to identify and fix potential accessibility issues