- This event has passed.
PowerPoint as a Design Tool for Learning
March 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Building on the Designing Presentations and Online Lessons with the Brain in Mind webinar delivered in Fall, 2019, this session will provide practical tips for using PowerPoint to create more impactful information design. Whether you use PowerPoint to deliver presentations or as a basis for creating digital learning content for your courses, this session will share visual layout techniques for optimizing learning.
Workshop Learning Outcomes
- Briefly review of cognitive load and its relation to how people absorb information
- Explore information hierarchy and its role in conveying meaning
- Discuss key principles and elements of design
- Discuss effective ways to use text, images, and audio
- Consider best export formats to support specific teaching/learning purposes