- This event has passed.
One Small Change to Benefit Learners: Supporting Faculty & Staff to “Level Up”
October 23, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
In September 2018, Cambrian College’s Teaching & Learning Innovation Hub launched the Level Up campaign with our faculty and staff. We invited them to participate in this challenge: “make one small change to a lesson or program to make it more impactful for all learners”. Through the innovative use of design creativity and by fostering a community of support and sharing, our faculty and staff rose to the challenge. We hope to inspire others to take a similar approach to faculty development! We will be continuing this campaign for 2019/20 and hope to share many more stories of changes that have benefited students this school year.
Workshop Learning Outcomes
- Identify methods of encouraging sharing of stories and collaboration amongst faculty and staff
- Identify new ways of delivering PD to faculty and staff
- Identify strategies to develop an internal promotions campaign around PD events and opportunities
- Presentation recording (Youtube)
- Presentation slides (Google Slides)
- Video 1: Level Up This Semester! (this video was discussed in the presentation)
- Video 2: Augmented Reality Scavenger Hunt for Student Orientation (this video was discussed in the presentation)